Vermont Golf Vacations
Spend Your Vacation Playing, Not Waiting
A golf vacation in Northern Vermont is the ideal golfing getaway. Conveniently located between Stowe and Vermont's Northeast Kingdom, the Phineas Swann Country Inn offers a myriad of choices. Imagine yourself golfing on Vermont’s newest 18 hole championship course, the Jay Peak Golf and Country Club, where the play is challenging, the cost is affordable, and the wait is reasonable to none. Venture less than 20 miles away, and there are several other courses to sample on your golfing getaway. When you couple this golfing experience with the deluxe accommodations of The Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast, you have a recipe for golf vacation excellence. Check out our Golf Vacation Packages for both Summer and Fall.
Jay Peak Golf Course and Country Club
A new Graham Cooke and Associates-designed golf course is now among Jay Peak Resort's list of superlatives. With its wooded setting, stunning mountain and valley views, and uniquely landscaped surroundings, it takes full advantage of the beauty found only in this corner of the Northeast Kingdom. The front 9 holes opened in early July 2006 and operated through early October. The second 9 holes opened in the Spring of 2007. The course flows through the unique terrain of Jay Peak, making a golf game both challenging and enjoyable. According to the folks at the Jay Peak Golf Course, “All the greens at Jay Peak have interesting, gentle contouring that rewards good putts. The challenge is reading the land outside the greens.” Power and accuracy are assets on this course.
Tee-times are available from 7:00 a.m. forward. As a member of JPCC we can arrange tee-times for you in advance of your stay.
Golfing, Golfing, and More Golfing!
In addition to the Jay Peak Golf Course, there are 18 additional courses within 1 ½ hour drive of the Phineas Swann! If you like to golf—with so many choices, there is surely a course that meets your fancy! And since it is Vermont, there are almost none that charge unreasonable greens fees or expect more than a friendly attitude!
- Barton Golf Club - Barton - 18 hole golf course. Bryan King, 802-525-1126.
- Newport Country Club Newport - 18 hole course. Michael Santamaria, 334-2391.
- Orleans Country Club - Orleans - 18 hole course. Bob Silvester, 754-9392.
- Owl's Head Golf Club - Mansonville, Quebec - 18 hole course. 800-363-3342.
- Enosburg Falls Country Club - Enosburg Falls - public course. 802-933-4991
Jay Peak Golf Package
Valid through Columbus Day (October 8, 2012)
Just 8 miles away is the brand new Jay Peak golf and country club, located in the heart of the Green Mountains, one of the premier golfing destinations in the entire Northeast!! Be one of the lucky few to get a guaranteed tee time, with advance reservation with this package, and spend a day in the mountain air playing the sport of champions!! Just look at what this package offers, and you will be sure to see what a great value it is. Sit back and let us take care of all the planning!
- 2 Nights Luxury Accommodations in Either the Red, Blue, or Green Room of the Main Inn
- An 18-hole round of golf with cart for each day of your stay (2 persons)
- Antique Filled Rooms with Four Poster Bed
- Gourmet Breakfast
- In Room Internet Port
- Wi-Fi Access In Main Inn
- In Room Cable television and DVD Player
- Afternoon Tea With Home Baked Goodies
- Bottle Of Chilled White Wine
- Free DVD Rentals
- Free Local & Long Distance Calling Anywhere in the US or Canada
- 10% Off All Meals at Bernie’s Village Restaurant
$749 for TWO for WEEKEND (PLUS GRATUITY AND TAX)
$649 for TWO for WEEKDAYS (PLUS GRATUITY AND TAX)
Valid Through Monday, October 8, 2012
Subject to Availability - Advance Reservation Required