Although the Phineas Swann Inn & Spa is a Victorian structure built in 1880, it complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It is the owner’s firm philosophy that all guests are welcome, and that hospitality by its very nature is a belief in inclusion and welcoming.
In addition, note that our website adheres to WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines for accessibility.
While the ADA does not require the inn to provide accessible rooms in all situations due to its age of its building, the owners will work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities.
Among the ways the Phineas Swann works to comply with the ADA:
- We ensure individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities. We want all our guests to feel welcome.
- If you cannot make a reservation through our online booking engine, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at (802) 326-4306. We also can received fax messages at (802) 326-4310.
- We have made every effort to make sure our website adheres to WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines, and will address recommendations made to improve any areas of inadvertent non-conformance. We are always seeking to remain in conformity as guidelines change.
- We have identified and described accessible features and inaccessible features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We will reserve, upon request, accessible guest rooms or specific types of guest rooms and ensure that the reserved rooms are blocked and removed from our reservation system.
- We guarantee that a specific accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make accessible rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide these third-party services with information concerning the accessible features of the hotel and the accessible rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals will be provided access to all areas of the Phineas Swann afforded to those without service animals.
- Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. Guests with accessibility questions or who require additional assistance may email the Phineas Swann directly or call us at (802) 326-4306 or fax (802) 326-4306 with questions regarding the accessibility and personal needs of the various rooms and suites.
If you require other items please inform us prior to your arrival, and we will be happy to work with you to assure a pleasant and comfortable stay.