The Phineas Swann has been quick to respond to state and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines during the Covid-19 pandemic. Now that vaccination rates are rising and Vermont has led the nation in percentage of residents vaccinated, we’re thrilled to continue to loosen restrictions for our guests. We at the Phineas Swann will always work to ensure your stay with us is healthy and safe.
Capacity: We do not have capacity limits for guests. Presently there are limits at weddings and events for the number of unvaccinated guests, but that will likely disappear as summer continues.
Health Certification: For the remainder of June, the state of Vermont requires each guest to fill out a Stay Safe Health Certification Form prior to their arrival for their stay. If you’ve been vaccinated, you need not quarantine prior to arrival
Breakfast: Our dining rooms is available for breakfast, but guests also have the option of eating outside on our back decks, or in their suites. Our staff is vaccinated, but be aware some may choose to remain masked while they serve you. It’s their choice. Likewise, if you’ve been vaccinated you do not need to wear a mask in our dining room. Unvaccinated guests must wear a mask while in all inside common areas, but do not need to do so on the grounds.
Training & Planning: We’ve always been fanatic about cleaning, but our staff has received additional detailed training, and been certified by the state to ensure your stay is sanitary and safe.
Who Can Come?
Anyone may come, as long as they are not currently exhibiting symptoms of illness (Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste).
Prior to Arrival
Prior to arriving you will receive three emails from us: The first confirming your stay, the second asking you to fill out Vermont’s “Stay Safe Health Certification Form, and the third a final reminder a day before check-in. Please take the time to fill out the Stay Safe form and email it back to us before your arrival.
Remember: Please don’t come to visit if you experience any of these COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of your arrival:
Immaculate and clean rooms are a tradition here at the Phineas Swann, as many guest reviews note. We are following the cleaning recommendations by the CDC, the American Hotel & Lodging Association‘s Stay Safe Program, the Vermont Agency of Commerce & Community Development, Vermont Inn and Bed & Breakfast Association, as well as our own protocols. Some of those enhanced procedures include:
- When possible, rooms are left empty for 24 hours after a guest leaves before it is cleaned
- All unnecessary linens have been removed from guest rooms. (Please ask if you need extra pillows or blankets)
- All bed linens are laundered according to CDC guidelines
- Rooms are sanitized after cleaning with particular attention paid to high touch surfaces
- Rooms are locked after cleaning and sanitizing
- All snacks and drinks in rooms are now single-serve
- Throughout the remainder of the facility, we are decontaminating high touch surfaces such as counters, doorknobs and handrails frequently.
- During stays, we have suspended guest room cleaning/tidying during multiple night stays. Housekeeping/staff will not enter a guest room during a stay unless the guest makes a special request.
While it’s been hard on our staff because we love being social with our guests, we’ve worked to make sure we give guests that friendly welcome while still adhering to physical distancing guidelines. Specifically:
- Staff will have their temperatures taken upon arrival each morning. Staff will not be permitted to work if their temperature exceeds 100.4 degrees F
- Team has been trained and certified by the state on new safety rules.
- There is appropriate signage around the facility to remind everyone of these policies.
- Staff will wash hands regularly and often as dictated by the CDC.