The top of Vermont may seem remote, but with almost 100 small towns and villages scattered within a 50 minute drive, it provides Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast guests with some of the most unique shops and boutiques imaginable — and with extremely affordable prices! Shopping in Northern Vermont is a great adventure.
Looking for a special gift you can’t find anywhere else? Looking for something distinctive to Vermont and New England? Seeking authentic antiques that have been stored away in family homes and barns for generations? Northern Vermont is the way American used to be a century ago — and shoppers have discovered the treasures it holds. We’ve listed just a few of the great shopping adventures in our area, along with the driving time from the Phineas Swann. When you come to stay with us, our guest book provides a much more detailed list of options.
Arts & Craft Studios
- Jay Country Store, Jay [12 minutes]
- The Shops of Sutton, Sutton, Quebec [22 minutes – requires passport]
Foods, Wine & Beer
- Boston Post Dairy [8 minutes]
- Boyden Valley Winery [50 minutes]
- Smugglers Notch Distillery [40 minutes]
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory [60 minutes]