We Love Your Dogs!
A Different Vermont Dog Friendly Hotel Stay!
Many hotels, inns, and bed and breakfasts claim to be a Vermont dog friendly hotel. They invite you to travel with your dog, but once you’ve arrived, you find that the best rooms are reserved for those without dogs, while you and your dog are directed to the oldest and ugliest accommodations. On top of the less-than-lovely lodging, you have to pay a three-figure pet charge, including a safety deposit. If you’ve ever experienced this kind of ‘dog-friendly vacation’, you’ll find the Phineas Swann Inn & Spa to be a refreshing change.
Relax in the plush comfort of our fully-remodeled and fully climate controlled historic Vermont inn, conveniently located only 7 miles from Jay Peak Resort. Our luxurious accommodations are furnished with fine antiques and romantic four-poster beds. Unlike other luxury inns and boutique hotels, the Phineas Swann is a very dog-friendly inn. A great choice for a Jay Peak area vacation with your dog is our Deluxe Dog Spa Package – treats, bowls, bed-sleeping permission, and more! During the Winter, try our Pet Perfect Ski Package – this wonderful package includes lodging, breakfast (with a Doggie Bag treat for your dog), ski tickets to Jay Peak Ski Resort, dog-walking services, and a lot of TLC for your baby while you ski the slopes.
CNN ranked us one of the world’s 12 most dog-friendly hotels, and Lanier Travel Guides awarded the Phineas Swann its Most Dog Friendly award twice. Read more about these prestigious awards on our Reviews page.
The Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast Inn, a Jay Peak, Vermont dog friendly hotel, offers a TRUE dog-friendly vacation experience at a beautifully-restored romantic Vermont inn only 7 miles from Jay Peak. Unlike other lodging properties that will only tolerate your dog, we will welcome you and your four-legged family member with genuine enthusiasm. We have found that through the years, dog owners and their fur-babies are among our most enjoyable guests.
• We charge a one-time $25 for your first dog, and a $50 one-time fee for each additional dog up to three, to assist with cleaning costs. Dogs must be current on their rabies vaccinations, fully housebroken and kept on a leash when outside your room.
• Our inn does not charge a damage deposit, however we hope you understand that any damage that may be caused by your dog is your responsibility (though we have yet to need to charge for damage.) All dogs must be housebroken.
• The Phineas Swann Inn & Spa does not charge an extra cleaning fee for visitors who travel with dogs, although we do ask you to remember the hard work of the cleaning staff and figure an extra gratuity if there is a lot of hair to clean.
• Dogs are invited to stay in our Birch Suite, Bulldog Suite, Terrier Suite, and Green Mountain Suite in our Carriage House, and the Black Bear and Trout River Suites of our River House Cottage. All these suites are our largest and most luxurious units
• Rooms in the Main Inn, including the Common Areas, maintain a dog-free environment for the comfort of our guests who may be allergic. Guests with dogs are invited to enjoy our Trout River Sitting Area
• Well-behaved dogs may stay unattended in rooms, but please consider crating your dog if your canine friend tends to be mischievous or is likely to hop on the bed.
• Dogs are invited to swim in the Trout River that borders our property and hike on nearby hiking trails.
• Dog beds, food and water bowls, dog-walking services, dog-walking services, special dog towels, and dog treats are available. Please tell us your needs when making your reservation so we can be prepared to accommodate your dog in regal style.
• You are welcome to leave your dog in your room as long as you are out, as long as they are not destructive and won’t bark and disrupt guests in adjacent rooms.
Try a Dog-Friendly Package
For an extra special vacation with your dog, consider our Deluxe Dog Spa Package, which includes accommodations in our luxurious Birch Suite, dog-walking services every 3 hours, bed-sleeping permission, a bag of deluxe dog treats, and more! During the Winter, try our Pet Perfect Ski Package – this wonderful package includes lodging, breakfast (with a Doggie Bag treat for your dog), ski tickets to Jay Peak, dog-walking services, and a lot of TLC for your baby while you ski the slopes.
We love dogs at the Phineas Swann, and one of our most important team members is four-footed!
Meet Maple, a darling Shitzu full of energy. Five years old, she’s already become a guest favorite, especially among our younger ones. She’s soft, she’s fluffy, she’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face during your stay. She sits on Lynne’s desk and yips whenever a car pulls into the parking area.